Monday, August 22, 2011

When You Thought You've Been Kicked in the Nuts Too Many Times...

Sorry, I had an epic post planned out for today, but one game of Magic Online went on waaaay too long, and my tiredness will degrade this post to me ranting.

You know those types of gamers. The power gamers. The type that strive to beat you in everyway possible. There's many different types out there. They may be the players in Magic who play blue decks. They may be 4000-resilience PvPers on WoW ready to destroy you. They may be the Tic-Tac-Toe player whose ready to win or draw trying. Whatever the case, the fact is that we know them.

I consider myself a power gamer. I always try to be the best. I've always tried to be the best hunter on WoW. I've been studying Day[9] religiously over the past few weeks to get better at Starcraft II. Honestly, it kinda bugs me. Why WOULDN'T you strive to be the best? I don't like knowing there's improvement... there's always improvement.

Either way, power gamers usually ruin the game for everyone. They're ready to drop you at any sign of life. They're the bullies of the game world, kicking you until you stay down. They may be nice guys, but honestly? Join me now in saying "screw you, power gamers!" and let's get some sleep.

Sweet Dreams,

Kyle
Ganrokh

2 comments:

  1. I haven't been a power gamer for a couple years now. I've reverted to the more casual play-style. Back when Halo 2 was out though, I played that game like a madman and there were very few people who could beat me, but alas those times are in the past.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, my power gaming on WoW's been off and on recently. Sometimes I'll do everything I can outside of raiding, sometimes I will only log on for a few weeks to raid. Been trying to get into Starcraft II more competitively.

    ReplyDelete